Cheers

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Cheers

Postby JakeyVimto » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:45 pm

Just though I'd stick down some appreciation for the advise I've gotten in here. Recently I've been playing harp and guitar in a couple of pubs and stood in with some decent musicians as a sideman on a song or two, been getting good feedback and feeling nice with it. Lurking around here and feeling free to ask dumb questions has been a great help to me, so thanks guys.

One of the biggest differences in the options I can give myself by playing in third position, thanks DC!

Got a couple of minor tuned harps, but I'm not quite at home with them yet. Anyone found they have to adjust to them in some way I haven't figured yet?

Cheers,

j
JakeyVimto
Regular

Re: Cheers

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:34 pm

...did you ever get the chromatic..?

..remember third position isn't just for minor keys...!!

..minor tuned diatonics...? never felt the need for them myself but I'm sure they're great for a lot of applications...

..how you liking them..? should I buy some...? :D
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Re: Cheers

Postby JakeyVimto » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:27 pm

I've recently found a cheap enough chrom to take a flyer on, one of the Swan one. Its bound to be 'less than perfect', but i'll let you know if its any use at all.

No I like 3rd to give me more option in major keys too, dont worry. I figure the minor tuned harps will come in useful, but I'm not getting anywhere with them yet. They are a little different, havent got a grip on them yet.

I'm sure you'd have more luck than me, Bosco and 601 did.
JakeyVimto
Regular

Return to Blues Harp