some solo harp

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

some solo harp

Postby watertore » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:22 am

I recorded these as the clock struck 12 tonight or tomorrow or whatever you call it. I love to just sit with my harp. Walter

I love dark chocolate candy
going to memphis for the IBC
Too many rules in my head
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: some solo harp

Postby jeffl » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:43 pm

Good stuff, Walter! I've always loved your percussive low octave stuff...reminds me of some of the tunes Tony "Little Son" Glover used to play when I was first learnin' to play in the 60's. Listening to your stuff always reminds me to play with expression; I think I spend too much time playin' at my weekly jam with 3-4 beers in me and I'm concentratin' more on WHAT I'm playin', rather than HOW I'm playin' it sometimes. I'm glad I got you around to listen to Bro'.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: some solo harp

Postby watertore » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:45 pm

jeffl wrote:Good stuff, Walter! I've always loved your percussive low octave stuff...reminds me of some of the tunes Tony "Little Son" Glover used to play when I was first learnin' to play in the 60's. Listening to your stuff always reminds me to play with expression; I think I spend too much time playin' at my weekly jam with 3-4 beers in me and I'm concentratin' more on WHAT I'm playin', rather than HOW I'm playin' it sometimes. I'm glad I got you around to listen to Bro'.

thanks! I hear you on the beer. I found when I drink and play, it is because I am not fitting in very good. This goes beyond the musicians. I found myself drinking alot at the last reg sat night gig I had. It was a great gig. People supported me, the owner loved it, and I had card blance. But everybody got so loaded, that to fit in, I often did too. WHen I am home recording, I never drink. If I do, I don't record because I don't fit. Where am I going with this? I have no idea. Being straight, and letting it flow with not a thought of anything but being a part of that note, is where I feel the best. Take care! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp