Stupid CX-12 Question

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Stupid CX-12 Question

Postby dcblues » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:48 pm

If anyone else here plays a Hohner CX-12 I need some help on taking it apart. I had a gig Friday and I noticed that one of the windsavers on mine was making a buzzing noise. I took the slide out (which is very easy to do), but I coudn;t remember how to take the coverplates off. I don't have the manual that came with it. Fortunately, taking the slide out fixed the buzz, but I still need to know how to take it apart the rest of the way. If anyone knows how, please let me know.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fishfeathersmacteeth » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:42 pm

hi there...

The reed block is held into the coverplates by a metal bar...

..turn the CX-12 round so you're looking at the back...you'll see a black bar (which probably has the word Hohner written on it.. :D )

press your thumbs onto either end of the bar and move it to the left or right. An end will unseat from the slot in the housing and you'll be able to withdraw the bar and the reed plates will fall out of the coverplates...(be sure to catch them.. :D )

Cheers,

FF MacTeeth
Fishfeathersmacteeth
Regular

Postby jeffl » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:05 pm

Hey FishFeathers, if your information is accurate, we need more guys like you around here--guys with some knowledge. We don't have that many harpers to begin with. Stick around if you got the time. Welcome to BRB.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp