blues harp problems

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Re: blues harp problems

Postby jeffl » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:50 pm

I think jammin' or sittin' in with musicians who are better than you (in general) can be very helpful as well. When I first started playin' more amplified dance blues I threw myself into situations with established bands and I was forced to work on alotta stuff in a hurry. Learnin' to play cover tunes with a band was very helpful to me because it forced me to learn licks and techniques that I had not previously had experience with. Even at this point in my development (after playing for about 40 years), I'm still playin' tunes with my jam bunch that I've never played before, and it's forcing me to learn a little every week. I guess it's real important to play with other musicians constantly 'cuz it forces you to exercise a little pride in your sound and to make whatever strides are necessary to keep from embarrassing yourself. Jus' play,play,play,play,play....
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Fate » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:12 am

SOLUTION TO HARMONICA MOVING OUT OF POSITION, WHILE ACCOMPANYING MYSELF ON GUITAR. MY DEVICE IS CURRENTLY PATENT PENDING. i'M NOT CERTAIN i CAN GIVE OUT DETAILS AT THIS TIME. THE PROTOTYPE DEFINITELY WORKS, AND IS REALLY QUITE SIMPLE. STAY TUNED, FATE.
Fate
Regular

Postby bosco » Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:25 pm

MY DEVICE IS CURRENTLY PATENT PENDING

I thought that might be the case. Best of luck with your invention!

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Ozzie Blues » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:15 am

Can't wait to see this invention! I've long suffered that problem myself, can be embarressing while gigging, not to mention a pain in the ass. :oops: :x
Ozzie Blues
Regular

Postby mike932 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:05 am

My advise is to stay away from gadgets, learn a good acoustic approach first, then amp the hell out of it. I used to use a couple of pedals, but I could not get the sound I wanted. Now it's just a Green Bullet, Fender Musicmaster tube amp and Marine Bands.
mike932
Regular

Previous

Return to Blues Harp