Miesterklasse

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Miesterklasse

Postby eline » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:30 am

Hello all,
I generally keep Marine Bands and Special 20's in my harp box, and either/or in my pocket...always keep a harp in my pocket. I tend to alternate between the MB & Sp20 for the pocket harp. I've been thinking lately, however, that I want to get a little something different for the pocket and was thinking Honer's Miesterklasse. What I'm wondering are they worth the extra money? I'd like to get something a little more durable or of better quality as my pocket harp is the one that gets used the most. Any of you have experience with a Miesterklasse?

Edd
eline
Regular

Postby bosco » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:46 pm

I've got one Miesterklasse that was given to me and it seems to be built like a tank. It's airtight, easy to bend and all metal. Unfortunately it in the key of F which I do not favor, but still it is a good, sturdy harp.

Having said that, I don't recommend that anyone carry harps in their pocket. I ruined many of them that way when I was young and dumb. The covers get crushed and dented and the reeds clogged with pocket fuzz. Now I have several of the Hohner leather belt loop single harp holders-

http://coast2coastmusic.com/cgi-bin/car ... ge=results

If you're only going to carry one harp, I would make it an A, D or C. The are all good cross harp blues keys should you run into a jam.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby eline » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:38 pm

I've had pretty good luck as far as not ruining any harps in my pocket. I have however had 1 or 2 MB go bad because of water...you just never know when your going to unexpectanly end up in a pool or some water.

As far as the keys go, well you hit my favorites. I like C because of the middle range you get; A is always a good blues key; and D...well it just sound so dam good. I guess I'll cross that bridge when it's time to make the purchase.

I was just curious as to whether I was going to get 3x the harp for the 3x the price?
eline
Regular

Postby Jaybird803 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:54 pm

While checking out a local thrift shop a while back, they were selling a bunch of cellphone holsters for outdated cellphones. A harp fits perfectly in them and also clips to your belt. I picked up 5 or 6 of them and they work great . A, C, & D are also my favorite carryalongs. They are also the keys that I have the most of.
Jaybird803
Regular

Return to Blues Harp