Harp Mic Repair/Mods

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Harp Mic Repair/Mods

Postby dcblues » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:26 pm

Can anyone recommend someone who is good at modifying harp mics? I have a standard Astatic JT30 I never use (I bought it as a backup to my main gigging mic) and I want to make it like my main mic (with a quarter inch connector instead of the xlr and a volume control where the xlr is). Dennis Gruenling did my main one and he told me he is too busy right now. If anyone knows anyone, let me know.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jaybird803 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:49 pm

Greg can help you out http://www.blowsmeaway.com
Jaybird803
Regular

Postby angerboy » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:15 am

Why dont you just hack part of the cable off and solder a 1/4" female connector onto the the end of the cable? It wont be cheap to have a new connector put on that mic.
angerboy
Regular

Postby dcblues » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:55 am

Me + soldering iron = disaster (possible fire and trip to ER). I've never actually used a soldering iron, but I don't think I would be good with one. I'd rather leave it to a pro.

A good friend of mine at a festival today told me about a guy who has done some of his mics and I'm going to contact him.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby blues_man_dan » Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:29 pm

DC....

Either go with a switchcraft to 1/4" adapter or i could mod it for you... For some reason unbeknown to me, I always seem to use the adapter for my JT-30's(unless the customer wants otherwise) and install a jack for my Turners and others. Here's another option that I've done (this one was sold to a member of this page).

blues_man_dan
Regular

Return to Blues Harp