JASON RICCI ESCAPES ME

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

JASON RICCI ESCAPES ME

Postby jeffl » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:56 pm

Our new blues joint in town had Jason Ricci in here last weekend and I never even heard about it. This club owner has been bookin' in very good acts ever since he opened about 2 months ago, but he doesn't seem to have the money to advertise much, 'cuz I never hear anything on the radio about his acts. I had the time last Saturday to go down and listen to Jason too.... I don't think he gets up here very often (so. Minnesota), so I prob'ly missed a huge opportunity. He's one harper I really couldn't afford to miss,too, 'cuz he's not a stereotypical harper: he's very good at single note accompanying phrases and unique methods of comping, which are handy tools when you play with rock musicians. I'm very sorry I missed him.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dcblues » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:39 pm

Hopefully you'll get a chance to see Jason again soon. He's on the road a lot. He's a very approachable guy. When I told him I was a harp player and we had a long conversation about playing and he was very nice. He also showed his rig to me and some other players and explained all of his equipment and his playing style. He's defiinitely worth checking out, even if you're not into that modern, fast, overblowing sound.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mike932 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:42 am

I met Jason last summer, he was our headliner for the Boise blues society. He is the one of the nicest human beings I have met. I was the secratary for the society at the time. Jason's onstage control of the crowd was amazing, people were under his spell. The gig was outdoors, we had people showing up at the concert who had no intentions of attending until they heard him play.
mike932
Regular

Postby bosco » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:08 pm

:cry:
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp