Movie Music Opportunity

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Movie Music Opportunity

Postby jeffl » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:37 pm

I wuz at a small concert venue last nite and a guitar player I've played with a few times over the years came up and asked if I'd like to do some stuff for a filmmaker from Minneapolis,Mn. I guess my buddy's been doin' stuff for him for a little while and he's havin' some fun with it. I have no idea what to expect, except that it's not soundtrack tunes--it's more like accent music. I guess the prompts are something like "Play something scary for 30 seconds", or "Play something sad for 5 seconds". I know some of you other guys have done work like this,but I'm a total green pea when it comes to this stuff; I'm gonna have to rely on my buddy on this one. At least the studio is only about 15 minutes from my house, so that'll help. I'm absolutely positive that this is no big opportunity, but it'll be a chance to learn a little more about that end of the business, and who knows....
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:46 pm

Good luck with that, Bubba!

I hear stuff like that all the time on sound tracks on Animal Planet, Discovery Channel and The History Channel, largely slide guitar and harp.
ricochet
Regular

Postby houserocker » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:51 pm

That's great Jeff. It's always cool to do something new! Let us know how it goes.

http://www.thehouserockers.net
houserocker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jaybird803 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:36 pm

I can still hear the harp in my mind from the "Rockford Files" Go for it and have a blast. Who knows, one of your licks could be someones earworm for years to come.
Jaybird803
Regular

Return to Blues Harp