Who knows their Little Walter trivia?

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Who knows their Little Walter trivia?

Postby steel1953 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:53 am

I had someone tell me the other day that he could'nt write aka, sign autographs.

They also said he was stabbed by two men, front and back over a woman.
The death part, whatever. But is the writing thing true?
steel1953
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bosco » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:41 pm

I had someone tell me the other day that he could'nt write aka, sign autographs.

They also said he was stabbed by two men, front and back over a woman. The death part, whatever. But is the writing thing true?

Steel, neither of those statements are true...whoever told you that is doesn't make the grade on their LW trivia.

In LW's Biography, "Blues With A Feeling", there are several published photos autographed by Walter.

As for his death, he died of a cerebral hemorage from being hit on the head with a blunt object during a street fight. He was not stabbed (at least not when he died)

Walter was a notorious brawler that was beat up and stabbed numerous time during his life. It is said that many of the scars that he bore were left by the police themselves. He even managed to shoot himself in the leg when a pistol he was packing accidentally discharged.

Get the book if want to sort out all of the details. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby steel1953 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:48 am

Thanks Bosco..........I'll have to get that book.
The more this person communicated with me, the less I believed her. Claims to have Paul Butterfields mic, among other things....yea, right!
steel1953
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp