Looking to buy a dynamic shaker microphone

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Postby hashtaff » Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:03 am

bosco wrote:did you ever check out the Madcat?

Everything I've read, and everything I've been told from actual mic owners, indicate that the Madcat has a notoriously low output signal and is recommended for larger amps with sufficient power, ie; Fender Bassman, etc.

Given Brian's propensity for smaller vintage amp clones, I wonder if that's a good matchup. Also note that the mic lends itself to a cleaner more acoustic sound in case you are looking for a dirty brown Chicago tone.

Bosco

I agree with all of the above but if you put it through a Harp Commander first.. then you're cookin' !!!
hashtaff
Contributor
Contributor

Postby steel1953 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:01 am

Absolutely Bosco....Peter Ruth uses a Meteor/Madcat on his Live in Rio album. Good matchup.
I have to say, I really like his tone, even though it's not your usual standard Chicago sound.
I demoed a Shaker dynamic at a sale once. Played it thru a Pro Junior. Had plenty of grit and output.........just not my cup of tea.

Brian should be pretty dialed in to his amps, so he'll probably be a pretty good judge whether the dynamic works well with them.
steel1953
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thebluesbox » Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:37 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dynamic-shaker-harm ... dZViewItem

this is Ricks from the onlinejam site
thebluesbox
Regular

Previous

Return to Blues Harp