New 1x10 w/ vintage chassis 4sale !

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

New 1x10 w/ vintage chassis 4sale !

Postby thebluesbox » Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:57 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0060635317

Here she is fellas, its a beuty!
a New 1x10 3/4 berch ply cab covered with vanilla blonde toilex, crome hardware, cane grill cloth, loaded with a New Eminence 10 inch alnico speaker. The chassis is vintage by age, retro by visual opinion solid state 10 watt Raymer model 797-10 made by Truetone Elec.

This little puppy sounds awesome! yet another of my babies that I told the misses that I would like to keep it
forget tubes man, if I given this amp to each and everyone of you to play you would not know the difference if you didnt look up its rear, I garranty, feels just as mellow smooth as a tube amp and clean at low level then when cranked she gets sassy dirty.

Volume like you wouldnt believe and tone that really sounds good. If I didnt think so compairing this project to all the amps I have ever bought sold and played in my time on earth I would have threw the chassis in the trash and installed a tube head, but I could not, this little SS chassis is great!

I have sound samples on the ebay page, forgive my aweful playing it does the real sound of this amp no justice! Its got it all, looks that kill and sound that puts in in a class of all the vintage tube amps I have ever owned and played.

thebluesbox
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:28 pm

It's a beauty bluesbox,you infidel rebel! I'd love to hear it live. It's interesting that you've agitated the airwaves with this rebellious box you've created, 'cuz I've been lurking over on harp-L, and an amazing # of very successfull pros (think network TV and major label sessions) have been talking about the use of modelling pre-amps right into loop- - no combo amps whatsoever. I'm not ready to dethrone the vintage tubes combos,but I'm willing to listen. Congrats on the project.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:05 pm

Yeah, great job!
ricochet
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:09 am

Thanks ric, and jeff I hear you bro, thanks for the encouragment on this type of amp, just a note that I agree with you I wouldnt throw the tube amps to the road in fact im not suggesting that at all, I still build tubers and play them myself but what im suggesting by building this type of tubeless amp is to at least try and own this one aside from your tube amps. In my opinion this amp can replace a tube amp hands down, of coarse im playing.. hearing.. and seeing it in the flesh, but I wouldnt alienate the tube amps and replace them, I would rather see people merge and mingle them with this type, because its every bit as cool.

Thanks for the thumbs up guys glad you likes!
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Tue Dec 05, 2006 5:48 pm

I came down off the price a bit to make the sale more appealing go check it out!
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:54 pm

I got no bites on the first go around so I relisted this amp at a reduced price plus a sweeter shipping deal. If your in the least interested I would act now because I wont list it any lower then it cost me to build it and its at a great price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:54 am

SOLD thanks for looking guys !
thebluesbox
Regular

Return to Blues Harp