tongue blocking

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

tongue blocking

Postby JakeyVimto » Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm always lurking on these boards stealing tips from those who know, so thanks for all the good stuff already. I play some harp but I only ever use the single note whistler style of playing. I really cant get a grip of tongue blocking. I thought you guys would be the best people to ask if there any exercises or tips to help me get a grip of this. I found out with note bending that sometimes one little hint can change the way I approach things, and thats can make all the difference. Can you help me out?
Cheers
JakeyVimto
Regular

Postby jeffl » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:24 pm

Hey, welcome to the pile Jakey! If you go back to the main page and click on the "Harp" text in the header line, then click on "Basic Lessons", and "Playing", you'll find a nice little intro to tongue blocking, and then you can read up on some more of the basic lessons stuff. It's a real good intro,and will get you started. You might have to log off, and then log back on to get to the starting page. Have fun and enjoy your journey.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp