Good timing

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Good timing

Postby jeffl » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:54 pm

Last nite I took my little brother out for a drink and music at a bar in a little town close to my house; we walked in the door,and I looked up and saw some buddies of mine up on stage. They had jus' started "Sweet Home Chicago" and waved me right up on stage. I didn't even get my coat off,and played the rest of the set with 'em, and parts of two other sets. My little brother had never heard me play (he's 16 years younger than me). So it was kind of a special nite for both of us. He had girls fallin' all over him and had a heckuva good time, and I got to play with some old friends (I had roomed with the drummer 30 years ago). My brother got a taste of how carnivorous small-town country girls can be when there's fresh meat in the locker.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bosco » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:59 pm

>He had girls fallin' all over him...<

He must be a tad taller than you, eh Bubba?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad you got to play for him, sounds like fun!
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:44 pm

He's the giant of the kids at 5'8"; I'm 5'6". My two sons are 6'2"; their relative size is a testimony to the growth potential inherent in a steady diet of hotdogs,macaroni & cheese,chips,licorice,soda,gummy bears,etc.,lol! Of course my brother's 39, so he doesn't have the grey hair or whiskey-face that I've got.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:11 pm

[quote="jeffl"]a steady diet of hotdogs,macaroni & cheese,chips,licorice,soda,gummy bears,etc.,lol! [/quote]

Mmmm, health food! :lol:
ricochet
Regular

Return to Blues Harp