Modified Bassman RI for sale

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Modified Bassman RI for sale

Postby dcblues » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:12 pm

A friend of mine is selling his modified Bassman reissue for $500. I haven't heard this amp, but it was modded by the same guy who did my Bassman. My Bassman is a killer harp amp. If anyone is interested, I can get you in touch with him. I'm almost tempted to buy it myself, but I don't need another Bassman.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bosco » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:58 pm

I already have a RI Bassman but I'm curious what mods your tech does for harp. Any specifics?
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby dcblues » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:31 pm

I have no idea what he did - he tried to explain it to me but it was too technical. I know he replaced some of the tubes and he did something to make it "darker." Each of the four channels has a different sound. Bottom line - it sounds like a Champ or Supro, but with the power and volume of a Bassman.

The guy who did it is a guitaist and electronics geek. He's constantly building/modifying amps and guitars. He has been working very closely with a harp player friend who has become a harp amp geek. They're working on developing some amps made for harp and I think they're going to be great amps.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:21 pm

That would be a good one for me replace my Peavey Classic 30 with, especially for the price. Unfortunately, I don't seem to have much need for a bigger giggin' amp right now,lol. I've turned into as much of a piano player as a harper, and I'm growing hair on my knuckles and my canine teeth are growing too. What's happening to me...? Does he take credit cards.....?A-ooooooohhh!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby steel1953 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:18 am

Dude, that's a cool price on a cool amp. I've got too many old Fenders already and two girls in college! Pooh.......... :(
steel1953
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp