To Exand Your Repertoire

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

To Exand Your Repertoire

Postby Bludha » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:32 pm

What else can you say except "huh"?

http://www.devilducky.com/media/10119/
Bludha
Regular

Postby bosco » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:12 pm

That clip has been on the internet for several years now and the link has been posted here before.

Too bad the guy is such a complete and absolute hack on harp as the idea is intriguing.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Bludha » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:21 pm

That clip has been on the internet for several years now and the link has been posted here before.

My bad!
Bludha
Regular

Postby bosco » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:33 pm

No biggie Bludah, it's quite all right bro. :wink:

Actually a good idea to re-post certain stuff from time to time to stimulate conversation and get a fresh perspective from the newer members. Just mentioning that it had been around before, that's all.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jellyroll baker » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:50 pm

bosco wrote:Too bad the guy is such a complete and absolute hack on harp as the idea is intriguing.

He's not that good at beatboxing either.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thebluesbox » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:56 pm

I think that a beat boxing harp player is a disgrace to the instrument. Thats just my own opinion you draw your own, as for me and my house we will play blues!

Beat boxing is for rappers and gansters let them ruin their own genre, no need in having them leak into such a great instrument such as the harp!
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby bosco » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:20 am

I think that a beat boxing harp player is a disgrace to the instrument. That's just my own opinion you draw your own, as for me and my house we will play blues!

Beat boxing is for rappers and gansters let them ruin their own genre, no need in having them leak into such a great instrument such as the harp!

Thanks Bluesbox.

That's really what I wanted to say, but I was trying to be a bit more diplomatic. A couple years ago I expressed my disdain for rap here and damn near started World War III. Since then I've been real careful to criticize other genres of music as I realize that blues has it's detractors as well.

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thebluesbox » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:47 am

hey I got no beef for a rapper but when he takes the genre I love and twists it up and makes it sound like ^%#^#$ then I get offended thats all.

Im sure over 95% of the people here feel that way, but even if they dnt I stll feel that way.

Not trying to start a war, but i'll fight for the rights bro!
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby jellyroll baker » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:05 am

It's not that big a leap form the vocal effects that us harp player suse to the time to beatboxing. It's just got to be done right. Trust me - blues sounds and hip-hop rhythms match each other very well.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp