current artist

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

current artist

Postby eline » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:39 am

I was thumbing through my CD collection the other day, and I noticed that most of blues CD, with all my favorite harp players, are all the great traditional players. People like Sonny Boy, James Cotton, Howlin Wolf, Paul Butterfield, Big Walter, and Little Walter etc. What I don't really have are players that are more contemporary. I think it's time I expanded and added some new sounds. But what I like to know from you all, who are some of your favorite contemporary players? I like both, chromatic and diatonic, but I’m just not up-to-date on some of the good modern-day players. I do have some Rod Piazza and Kim Wilson, but who are the good players that are often missed?

Ed
eline
Regular

Postby dcblues » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:37 am

Paul deLay, Phil Wiggins, Jams Harman, Mark Hummel, Annie Raines, Charlie Sayles, Carlos Del Junco, Dennis Greunling, Carey Bell, Gary Primich, Adam Gussow, Jason Ricci. That should be enough to get you started.
dcblues
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:00 pm

I have about 550 songs of mine, most feature harp, for free at this site. I play most of my stuff on the rack, but if you look at the song descriptions, you can find a bunch of solo harp and songs with my bassist and drummer.

I too, am stuck on the old players. The new crop, many of whom I know, really doesn't hold my attention for very long. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp