Blowin' yer lunch

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Blowin' yer lunch

Postby jeffl » Wed May 17, 2006 7:01 pm

Well the world is alot brighter today: I got a wild hair and went and checked out this picnic shelter at a city park about a mile from my car store,to see if it had live power in the outlets,and the outlets were live! So,I pulled my Champ outa the van and practiced for about a half an hour. I drew a small crowd,which wasn't my intent (in fact,I wuz hopin' nobody was around). There's another more remote park about a mile in the other direction where I've occasionally gobbelled down my lunch,so I'm gonna go check that out soon to see if that shelter has live power. It'd be great to find a quiet place where I can go play my lunch away! I've always been jealous of OneFour 'cuz he jams on his lunch breaks with his buddies. I've been workin' on my amplified mic technique and any time I can spend on it is a plus.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby 1four5 » Wed May 17, 2006 7:27 pm

Now that's what I'm talkin bout! Way to go! The crowds bound to happen though...I'm still fresh enough know what's it's like to be a non player...and remember thinking anyone who could make music was supernatural...if you play, they will come... 8)

And man...there aint nothing like playing away the mornings work...and going back to work with a fresh attitude!
1four5
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Wed May 17, 2006 8:12 pm

Too much.

When I was in my late teens, Shakey Lyman - registered here as Bottleneck, but seldom seen - and I used to bring our guitars and such to a picnic shelter in Pennypack Park in the wee small hours - build a little fire, pass the bottle, learn how to play the Blues.

Great times.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jellyroll baker » Thu May 18, 2006 7:59 am

A park 'round the corner from my old house had electric BBQ plates that worked 24 hours and if you hunted around you could find the power points easily enough. A group of us used to cruise up there in a friends '65 Falcon convertible with our instruments and a truckload of beef, fire up the BBQ, plug in our amps and have a ball.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Thu May 18, 2006 8:09 am

Boy,I really feel connected after hearing those great stories! I'm sure I look a little funny though: a grey haired guy in a suit and tie,jammin' away in a picnic shelter. Life's too short,though,not to do the things that give you enjoyment anytime you can.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Thu May 18, 2006 3:18 pm

I'm gonna slide my lunch in the back office. Don't need lunch anyway.
ricochet
Regular

Postby 1four5 » Thu May 18, 2006 3:56 pm

Every day bout 11:25 we can be spotted slammin slimfasts while slinging instruments over our shoulders. Great diet plan 8)
1four5
Regular

Postby bosco » Fri May 19, 2006 1:01 pm

You go Bubba !!! 8)

Bosco
bosco
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Fri May 19, 2006 2:20 pm

Hi bubba: I am glad you found a spot to plug in and play! That is a great way to refresh yourself. Since I started teaching school, I have always played in my room, to myself, at lunch, with my guitar/harp. I have a classroom guitar, that stays there permenantly. 6 years ago, our music teacher retired and the new one didn't like the upright piano. She said she couldn't see over it, when working with students. So, she got a crappy little spinit, and I took the upright grand to my room. This piano is from the 20's, meticoulsy maintained, and sounds sooooooo goood. I basically learned to play piano on it, during my lunch! We do get paid to play music sometimes :D Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Fri May 19, 2006 9:44 pm

Oh man, that's a nice acquisition, Walter!
ricochet
Regular

Return to Blues Harp