blues Junior

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

blues Junior

Postby eline » Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:46 am

Just looking for some feedback on a blues jr. With modified tubes of coarse.

Eddie
eline
Regular

RE: blues Junior

Postby angerboy » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:41 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-06 AT 10:41 PM (EST)]Hey Eddie,

I own neither, but I've played through a few of them. Two tweed and one black tolex. They are nice little amps. Both of the tweeds had stock tubing, they sounded pretty good. The black one had the infamous Billm mods. That one sounded good, too.

People will probably jump all over me for saying this, but they are pretty good out of the box with the stock tube setup. They get better when the speakers loosen up a bit. Same thing for the Pro Junior. I've played through one of these with the stock tubes setup. I liked that one with a variety of microphones. I prefer the Pro Jr, because it's cheaper, but they are both pretty good for the price.

I've got small amps covered with a tweed 5F1 Champ clone and an antique Valco.

Don't you like your amp?

AB
angerboy
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:45 am

I've had my Blues Jr about a year now and gotta say I likes it! Lotta punch in that lil 15W! I've read about speaker mods as well as some techno stuff I have no clue about but I like mine fine as is! I bought it as a "floor model" and had to replace some tubes but I couldn't tell ya to what! It was what my kid (tech head) suggested "dude"!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby t bone bruce » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:16 pm

The Blues Junior can be an exceedingly sweet harp amp, and I expect with 12AU7 or 12AY7's as the pre-amp tubes it would be even better. I don't own one, but I have used the stock one at jam nights where none of the guitarists is using it, and I've liked the results. The Pro Junior sounds good too, as does the little Epiphone Valve Junior, although both of these lack reverb.
t bone bruce
Regular

Postby harp54 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:42 pm

I am with AB on this one,straight out the box, best buy I ever made.
harp54
Regular

Return to Blues Harp