On the road...literally

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

RE: On the road...literally

Postby ricochet » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:30 pm

>Over 2 million miles without an accident.

Good on him!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby eline » Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:46 am

For the last eight years I communted from Corona into Los Angeles. I've learned more harp licks during those long drives than anywhere else. Well, I've recentely was laid off from that job, and I find myself not playing my harp as much. The drive seemed to be hypnotic, and the music seemed to flow. I don't know what it is about driving, listening to blues and playin harp that just made sense. I, like some else said, started playing while driving to help me from nodding off, but it was also my best practice time. I still carry a harp with me everywhere I go. No matter how far I drive, I still manage to get a few licks in. Anyways...I just thought I would add to the conversation. At least I know I'm not the only playing harp and driving at the same time.

Peace,
Eddie
Blues in E
eline
Regular

Postby gogs » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:05 am

Tidy!I'd put up a pic of my Westie but I haven't a clue how..x(
gogs
Regular

Postby freewayjam » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:19 am

Oh man...I'm with ya, eline. There IS something about playing in the car. When I pull the harps out at home, it's good but different. Breathing...everything. Jeez, I'm warped.
Had such a great time with Hollywood Fats on the evening drive home today. My commute takes me into Corona from the Banning Pass area. The Badlands hills are a special challenge. I usually take a break through that winding, high speed corridor. A knee-steer break fer sure.
freewayjam
Regular

Postby eline » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:31 am

Are you from Corona? If you are we ought to hook up!
Eddie
Blues in E
eline
Regular

Postby freewayjam » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:43 am

Nah.. From Beaumont. Commute TO Corona. Better than going into LA/Orange County, but marginally. Hwy 91's a beeotch. Still could hook up sometime to jam - your car or mine? Kidding..about the car.
freewayjam
Regular

Previous

Return to Blues Harp