Epi Valve Jr Head

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Postby ricochet » Sun May 28, 2006 4:15 am

It may be that Gibson's stringing them along. Another Gibson subdivision, Electar, put out some really cool little amps as test beds for what turned into a couple of Epiphone amps, themselves discontinued over a year ago. I've got one of those, an Electar Tube 10. It's still on the MusicYo site (a Gibson online outlet for several of their brands) and for several years had an automatically updating estimated date 6 months off when they'd be available again. They're still "temporarily out of stock," but of course it's unlikely that they'll ever be offered again.
ricochet
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Tue May 30, 2006 10:29 pm

well I canceled my order Im not sitting around waiting for nothing I have decided to go with something that I can get easier.
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby NEONMOONY » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:37 am

I was interested in one of those heads myself. The MF website shows them in stock. After reading all that, now Im reluctant.
NEONMOONY
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:31 pm

well the lady on the phone at MF told me that epiphone keep rolling back the backorders so there was no telling when they would get them in. And that made my mind up to cancel my order and go a different route.

I currently recieved an amp in the mail from Randy at http://www.lwharpamps.com im test driving it to write reviews on his web site, I will keep you all posted on my findings.

Also Dblues has one on the way to his house he will write reviews as well on that model.
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby dblues » Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:17 pm

Well with the initials MF whadda you expect hahahahahahahahahaha
dblues
Regular

Postby thebluesbox » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:18 am

pahaha! sheeewwww!
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby ricochet » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:14 pm

On the general subject of valve amps for harp, take a look at the thread I posted in Equipment Blues about the 12DW7/7247/ECC832 tube. I started to put it in this forum, 'cause I think it'll be of special interest to harpers if you don't already know about it. (I'm finding that some harp amp builders have used it for a long time.)
ricochet
Regular

Previous

Return to Blues Harp