Call Me Mr. Lucky! Harrison B-Radical

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Call Me Mr. Lucky! Harrison B-Radical

Postby jbone1 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:42 am

wife called me last week at work to ask what key harp i use the most and similar questions. i got the impression she was about to buy me a harp, so i flat out asked her what was up. she'd seen a video of the B radical and decided that i deserved one! just this one time. so i now have one ordered, in D. should be here by about Christmas time! plenty of time to find her a great Christmas gift!
jbone1
Regular

Re: Call Me Mr. Lucky! Harrison B-Radical

Postby jeffl » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:45 pm

That's pretty thoughtful of her. I'd keep her. Give us a report.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby songdog » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:52 pm

I like the ergonomics of those harps but they'll need to shorten that lead time if they want to be successful in this gotta-have-it-now society.
songdog
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jbone1 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:39 pm

jeff- she's had 4 offers of marriage so far! lucky i was here first!

songdog, re: turnaround time, without going to a more automated assembly line approach- which would very likely lessen the quality of the b-rad- or hiring and training new techs to take these harps through the process, i don't know if it'll get a lot faster. it may be that efficiancy will imp[rove as the process is refined, but i have to say, when i ordered mine they had a survey- what type music, what positions, ob/od, etc etc, which will allow them to get this one more tuned in to an individual's style. i like that personal attention.
jbone1
Regular

Postby songdog » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah I understand the quality issue, but if they are really serious about making money and it's not just a labor of love thing, they'll need to speed it up and/or increase the price. It's like many of the guys that were offering custom tuned harps - they start out with a 3 month lead time, then it's 6 months, then they stop taking orders all together because they can't keep up with the demand and they're not meeting any of their quoted deliveries which = unhappy customers. If they are serious, I'm sure they will find ways to increase production without seriously affecting the quality.
songdog
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Blues Harp