Suzuki Bluesmaster- First Impression

The lowdown on the Mississippi Sax. Just for Google, this section is about harmonicas.

Re: Suzuki Bluesmaster- First Impression

Postby jbone1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:14 am

the manji is really one of a kind. i'm in awe of its respnse. i don't mess with gwpping unless it's totally necessary. we've been rehearsing most evenings here so the manji has been out of the case several times. the one problem i foresee is, dissatisfaction with most of my other harps compared to it. seriously, i have to keep it in mind totally that i don't need to use near the same breath force to make the manji sound great. it just naturally does.

i tried something with the bluesmaster also- since i didn't care for the covers i took a set of delta frost covers from a blown df and put them on the bluesmaster. works great and i like the brighter sound from this sort of hybrid harp much better!
jbone1
Regular

Postby too2tall » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:39 am

Suzuki Bluesmaster is a great harp for the money. Can usually hit several of the overblows right out of the box with gapping first. Really like Promaster the best because of the volume you can get without trying to without a mic. When jamming with friends acoustically the promaster really cuts through nicely when you want it to. Used to play Delta Frost but quality control was not as good as Suzuki. About 1 in every 10 Delta Frost bought had serious problem that had to be fixed. Also the reed goes out of tune faster on the Delta Frost. Tried a Seydel and not trying to hurt anybody's feelings as the Seydel players I know are very defensive about their brand but I didn't like it. The reeds were super stiff and had to work for weeks to break it in and still never could get that velvet smooth bend out of it. So I say you can't go wrong with a Suzuki Bluesmaster.
too2tall
Regular

Postby bottleneck » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:02 pm

jbone1 wrote:the manji

i tried something with the bluesmaster also- since i didn't care for the covers i took a set of delta frost covers from a blown df and put them on the bluesmaster. works great and i like the brighter sound from this sort of hybrid harp much better!

now that's what i'm talking about!!!

www.myspace.com/shakeylyman
bottleneck
Regular

Postby barbequebob » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:51 pm

I've recently bought one in A and I've never been a fan of Asian made harps but this is the best Asian made harp I've ever played. I've already retuned mine first to 19LJI and finally to 7LJI. It's definitely not a harp I'd ever give to a newbie because of the tight reed slot tolerances and 98% of newbies and a large percentage of intermediate players haven't developed breath control, and tho it makes the harp play loudeer and brighter, as this is one of the things you get in a custom harp (tho the slot tolerances on a custom are much tighter than this is), with too much breath force, it can get easily clogged up with breath moistrue/saliva/dead skin and in worst case scenerio, get blown out quick and too many players tend to ignore the importance of having good breath control.
barbequebob
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Blues Harp