Page 1 of 1

Splain me somphin!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:51 pm
by 601blues
I have been workin on my piano for about a year and I like it, and wantin ta get a Keyboard, my piano is just a babygrand accoustic, I would like to be able to program keyboad lines as I do my guitar work have the key board do the rythym, What do I need?? midi???what should I be lookin for??? Iam confused

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:44 pm
by jeffl
The keyboard salespeople have called that layering, 601. Midi sequencers will do it, and many digital boards have the capability. Yamaha, Kurzweil, Technics,Baldwin,Casio, and other manufacturers offer boards that'll do that. You can also purchase boards that have outputs for remote sequencers, and computer ports to link your board to a PC and do it on there. You just have to have the formatting in the board to talk to whatever you're using to sequence. You can also use just a small midi controller keyboard to do the job, if you have the proper software in your PC.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:12 pm
by 601blues
:shock: Thanks Jeff! I went and looked at a few last night at a music store,I could spend from 300-3000, but I didn't know what I was lookin at,and the people there didn't know how to realy explain to a dummie like me, Iam scared to buy anything till I know what it is Iam looking at! Did pick up a Champ,600 I knew that was K!!HAHAHA

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:44 pm
by 601blues
:? I think Iam just goin wif the Wk 3300 casio work station,for now it won't bankrupt me and it has some great features,and I can learn on it