Tim Richards book improvising blues piano

Tickle the ivories? Here's the place to talk about it.

Tim Richards book improvising blues piano

Postby Tritone » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 am

Tim Richards Improvising Blues Piano
Hi....Hey....I'm new to this forum...looked around several other sites, but it's hard to get anybody to blog about what they are learning or doing...playing blues or boogie......I've just started to move through the Tim Richards book .....this has got great chapters of different types of Blues to practice on......I haven't played piano for 55 years ...(played lead guitar most of that time)...but it has come back fairly quickly...I would call myself a rusty level 5 player.....learnt swing-stride and ragtime,boogie as a kid...have a few friends from the music scene...drummer...d/bass...and hoping to get a few pieces together and have a Sunday arvo bash....Like to hear from others who are pushing through this book....or learning to play Blues piano.......Tritone
Tritone
Regular

Re: Tim Richards book improvising blues piano

Postby Dagnabit » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:56 am

Hi Tritone
I am starting on this book. I have had it for a while but have been taking lessons that were focusing on doing the grades. I’m in my 30’s and am a very untalented musician but decided a few years ago to take up piano (to go with my poor guitar skills). My piano teacher who is an absolute diamond has been attempting to progress my technical ability but we have decided now just to have a bit of fun and as the Blues were my first musical love (claim to fame Rory Gallagher once babysat my older brother) this is where we have ended up.
I’m looking forward to the journey. To the purists its tough playing the Blues when your biggest problem is Blackberry reception :>
Cheers
Dagnabit.
Dagnabit
Regular

Re: Tim Richards book improvising blues piano

Postby check85 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi you 2, I'm in the same situation as you are. I'm an amateur musician but totally enthusiastic about Tim Richards' books! I've even started a blog http://improvisingpiano.blogspot.de/in order to learn how to improvise. And: I'm looking for partners in my journey...
Give it a try! I'd be glad!
check85
Regular

Return to Piano, Organ, & Keyboard