Bruce Katz

Tickle the ivories? Here's the place to talk about it.

Bruce Katz

Postby The Saint » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:09 pm

I saw this guy Saturday night and, he was burning up the keyboard. Not just hanging, when he took several piano solos, he kept pace with some of the best guitar players in the business. He also was sitting shoulder to shoulder with Greg Allman.
http://www.brucekatzband.com/
The Saint
Regular

Re: Bruce Katz

Postby tom 1960 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:58 pm

I just happened to come across this thread and wanted to add that Bruce is the real deal. Back during the holidays of '09, I was attending a Christmas party by one of my wife's employers. It just so happened to that Bruce was playing that same night and I had the good fortune to hear his first set. Most people who sat at our table probably wouldn't give a crap about his music prior, but all seemed pretty impressed afterwards as I certainly was. He was part of a trio that night and they really cooked. If Bruce is playing anywhere near your town, check him out. You wont be disappointed.
tom 1960
Regular

Re: Bruce Katz

Postby jeffl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:31 pm

Guys like that scare the hell outa me; the talent and knowledge gap between them and me makes me wonder how the hell we can be playing the same music ( more or less ). I see that he's gonna make it as far north as Iowa this year...probably within 250 miles of me. I'd love to catch his B-3 chops; my pedantic organ style is a very crude and impotent attempt to plug a hole in our tunes, and I've been fumbling with it since the 60's. If I live to be 100 and my arthritis doesn't get too bad, I might figure it out a little.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Piano, Organ, & Keyboard