Will this get me started ?

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

RE: Will this get me started ?

Postby lorilu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:27 am

Right on Mickey. Britney a red neck woman though? Now there's one I think is hotter than B and that is The Red Neck Woman and I have and listen to her CD : Gretchen Wilson, she's cool. Don't tell anyone about that I listen and sing to it at the top of my lungs. I think Britney went to dance lessons and singing lessons and beauty contests and had a showbiz mom. But Miss Gretchen she's the real thing. Any more way more hotter and sexier women you can think of?
lorilu
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:52 am

I never said Britney was a Redneck woman?!?!?
As for Ms Wilson....... Ooh la la! My kinda gal when I was in my younger years but I'm afraid she could hurt this ol' cowboy nowadays!
Whatta way to go! }>
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mickeypainless » Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:37 am

Poor MoReb.... he asks a simple question about a inexpensive 4 track set up and look where we have taken this conversation! LMAO!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:02 am

I was thinking the same thing. Poor MoReb. He's already left and found a new site. Never to be heard from again. I promise to never venture off topic again! Or to comment on topics that have veered off. Next calendar year.
lorilu
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:10 pm

Sad to say, if someone came out of Nashville these days they're just as overprocessed and fake as the britney/jessicas of the world. I know they want to sell that whole "natural honest country gal" thing cause that's what gets everyone singing along but it's the exact same kind of image making and glamor that all the teen stars use. There's no difference. In the teen pop market they sing about "love sent from above" and parties etc etc.. nashville pop wants to, no offense, attract the red state crowd so all the songs are about being patriotic/a redneck woman/truck drivin' man blah blah blah.. They're in a very strange position in that all of their songs are selling this Confederacy idea of being a REBEL and at the same time they're just another money making endeavor in the music industry and are really they ARE the system..
Christina Aguilera, despite her sudden love of assless chaps, really CAN sing.. her songwriting could use a little work though.. I mean, does EVERY new song have to be about how sexually empowered you are as a woman?
Jim
http://www.soundclick.com/jimnjblues
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mickeypainless » Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:10 pm

>>>despite her sudden love of assless chaps,

Aren't all chaps assless? Otherwise they'd be "pants"? Is this on video? Might have to take a look! }>
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby lorilu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:29 pm

Funny, Mickey!!! Jim you are right and I know it. I really do. Although I still like Gretchen, she could be from right here. I know they have some team of songwriters that sit with the artist and write a bunch of catchy standard type stuff. I fell for it again! DAMMIT.

Christina is growing up and breaking out of the Mickey Mouse Club. And the reaction to it. The music business and entertainment is kind of an ugly manipulative business isn't it? If she had strength and brains to go with her talent she could do anything. But those things don't always go together. There are probably a bunch of people constantly controlling the situation and seeing all the $$$$$. Do you think her new husband appreciates art? You never know.
lorilu
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:26 am

Lol.. I'm remembering from a few years ago.. she went on Disney tv or something and wore these chaps and only had a thong on underneath them or something. Some talking head on CNN was bitching about "assless chaps" afterwards. I dunno, I'm not exactly a women's fashion mogul.
And I really doubt that the "artist" is even in the room with the songwriters when they write songs with them. I didn't see it myself, but I had a friend who watched Ashlee Simpson's show a few times and said "songwriting" for her would literally be writing on a piece of paper something like "I want to write a song about ....." and maybe a title or a few words. And she'd hand it to the team and they'd come back a few days later with a song. Horrible.
Jim
http://www.soundclick.com/jimnjblues
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to Recording