For your amusement

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

For your amusement

Postby killeriguana » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:35 am

I have been thinking about doing this for awhile. I've been playing guitar for a year and slide since around the first of the year and would like to get some feedback from you folks. So tonight I opened up a Soundclick account and recorded this. Any and all comments are welcome.

It's just an improv thing in Open G called "Schmuckin and Jivin."

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=830694
killeriguana
Regular

Re: For your amusement

Postby mike932 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:04 am

I like it, especially around 1:40 , good riffs. I play bass and harp and dabble with the slide. You are doing pretty darn good for the short time you have been sliding. Ever try playing Statesboro Blues?
mike932
Regular

Postby killeriguana » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:15 pm

No Statesboro Blues yet. I'm still trying to wrap my head around just listening to it. :D

I have been listening to a lot of Allman's though, as well as Muddy Waters and Elmore James. I need to spend more time with Son House's 1960's revival recordings. The You Tube clips of House to are really fun to study too.

If I could ever get "Death Letter Blues" and "Walking Blues" (Muddy's style) down to a respectable level, I'll be ecstatic.
killeriguana
Regular

Postby mike932 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:00 am

For Statesboro Blues listen to Blind Willie Mctell. One of my favorite sliders is Johnny Winters. I am going to see Bonnie Raitt next month in Reno, Nevada. I have tickets and reservations. Bonnie Raitt plays an incredible slide guitar. We cover one of her songs, well not her song , just the way she plays it, "Runaway". The crowd always loves it.
mike932
Regular

Return to Recording