satan take me home/somebody killing themself tonight

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

satan take me home/somebody killing themself tonight

Postby watertore » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:30 pm

Just got back from my colonoscopy(my 50th b-day gift :) )-all is good. I think the meds were still in me a bit when I recorded this one! Walter

I just recorded this one -somebody killing themself tonight. I am not recording anymore tonight. Sometimes these vibes come through me. Somebody is killing themself tonight and I am feeling it with this song. It rattles me.
Last edited by watertore on Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: satan take me home

Postby jeffl » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:37 pm

Well ain't that one different, Walter,lol! Got a little of that slack blues feel... kinda that up/down Ry Cooder feel to it. You got the blues man. I'd love to have my 75 yr. old father-in-law catch that tune. He's a farmer from Northern Minnesota. I bet it'd put the blankest look on his face you've ever seen, ha!
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Re: satan take me home

Postby watertore » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:11 am

jeffl wrote:Well ain't that one different, Walter,lol! Got a little of that slack blues feel... kinda that up/down Ry Cooder feel to it. You got the blues man. I'd love to have my 75 yr. old father-in-law catch that tune. He's a farmer from Northern Minnesota. I bet it'd put the blankest look on his face you've ever seen, ha!

Hi Bubba: Thanks! That one had the feel of waiting for the hour of execution to come. I often wonder if I was a murderer in a past life...........My father would have the same look as your grandfather :P I just discovered that riff on the guitar in the last week or so. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: satan take me home/somebody killing themself tonight

Postby ricochet » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:30 am

Dang, Walter, between that and Somebody's Killing Themsef Tonight, that's some seriously low-down blues!

I love both of those, they sound terrific, but there's no way I'd EVER sing "Satan, please take me home!" :shock:
ricochet
Regular

Postby watertore » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:46 pm

I was in the hospital yesterday. I had a colonoscopy. Maybe being there brought this stuff up. The last time I was in a hospital was when my wife Judy was fighting for her life. Many days during her 2 months in the hospital, she would cry and say she wanted to die. That was hard to hear.

Well, yesterday, when they were putting the IV in my hand, the nurse messed up 3 times. She moved to my elbow area and took 2 times there. Judy was so emaciated that they had a ton of trouble finding viens. I remembered how she would cry in pain. I felt the pain then in my heart, but yesterday I felt it in my heart and body! Flashbacks. Luckily the doctor told me my colon is perfect. A nice present for sure. Oh, everyone please get your colon checked at 50. Our good friend died at 56 because she was afraid to get the test at 50. They said if she did, she would still be alive. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:12 pm

That's really heartbreaking, to watch someone you love suffer and not be able to help.

Good advice about the checkup.
ricochet
Regular

Postby watertore » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:30 pm

ricochet wrote:That's really heartbreaking, to watch someone you love suffer and not be able to help.

Good advice about the checkup.

yes, and yes. walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording