rhythm train

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

rhythm train

Postby watertore » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:51 am

I did this one tonight. I have been playing a tokai copy of a 335 for the past couple years. My mainstay, a 1963 jazzmaster was put in the closet. This was lonnie macks guitar and he gave it to SRV when they did their album together. It made it my way via John Reed when I hit austin with a funky old f hole, kay like thing that fed back at all volumes it seemed. Tonight it called me. It was even in tune! I did a million gigs around the world with this guitar and it often bothered me that a made in korea guitar had bumped it, but that is where I was at. But tonight the jazzmaster stepped up and said it is taking back over. Man, I forgot how much this guitar is a part of me. A mega nights of playing austin clubs flooded through me on this session. I have a bunch more to mix. This is going to be my guitar at the IBC! Walter

here it is in action at the black cat lounge, austin, circa 1986

rhythm train
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Re: rhythm train

Postby ricochet » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:29 am

Very cool!
ricochet
Regular

Re: rhythm train

Postby watertore » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:01 pm