closing the spontobeat studio

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

closing the spontobeat studio

Postby watertore » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:16 pm

We are moving to Ohio next saturday. I am going home tonight to pack up all my recording gear. The allergey season is so bad this year, I can't hardly get a song worth anything out. I was going to leave it up till late next week, but figure I might as well take my time and pack it all good. I just want to sleep with these allergies... I am looking forward to a long freeze. Out here it rarely freezes, so stuff is blooming all year round. I am not sure when I will get the gear up and running again. We are living in our bus until we find a home we want to buy. It will be weird to not be able to go out back and record anytime I feel like it. See you all sooner than later I hope. Walter

our home till we find one bolted to the ground

watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:37 pm

Thats a mighty nice house you got there! Best of luck in your house hunt.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby ricochet » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:34 pm

It is a mighty nice house! Especially with Judy smiling out front. :D
ricochet
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:59 pm

All the best in your travels.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby maxx england » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:10 am

You drive better than I live! Good luck with house hunting.

Allergies - I get bad hay fever, I use a spray thing sold here as Nasobec, reduces inflammation of the nasal tissues. If things get too bad, I use an anti histamine too, for the sake of the eyes, but generally the nose spray works most of the time.

Just a frivolous thought here - why not have a box trailer big enough to make some noise in and a generator to run it? You could even make some cash operating as a mobile studio? No? OK, have fun anyway.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:21 pm

thanks for the well wishes everyone! I have about another hour worth of work to completely empty and clean up my studio. It was sad. I have had a lot of good times out there. We are on our final goodbyes to everyone here. I pray this is our last move. This will be over 30 moves, to 3 different countries, since I started playing. The older I get, the less I like moving, but the adventure of the unknown stills outweights the cons! Life is too short to be somewhere where you aren't happy.

maxx england: Thanks for the ideas. My worst symptom with allergies is fatique. I was in Nevada in March, and it was below freezing. I felt like I was 15 again! 12 years in austin, tx, and 12 here in the bay area, has meant no relief. It rarely freezes for more than a few hours in these places, thus stuff is blooming year round. I am looking forward to a cold, allergy free winter! We have a moving company coming next week to pick up all our stuff, including my studio gear. The trailer idea is a cool one, but our motorhome will be towing our minivan. I am convinced we will find a great home sooner than later. We just bought a laptop computer that has wi fi. We are learning what that means, but I do know we will be able to stay connected to the net at most of the campgrounds. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stumblin » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:49 am

maxx england wrote:You drive better than I live! Good luck with house hunting.

I'll second that!

Good luck with the house-hunting. You know we're all rooting for you here.
Have fun on your travels Walter.
stumblin
Regular

Postby 1dustyeod » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:49 pm

Good Luck Walter..... I'll miss hearing your new tunes every week. Best of luck to ya on your new house quest.

:D 8) :D
1dustyeod
Regular

Postby slickcat » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:55 am

Good Luck Walter...Im gonna miss them tunes ya know... :?
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording