school administrators are going to burn in hell

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

school administrators are going to burn in hell

Postby watertore » Fri May 18, 2007 2:41 am

I am a public school special education teacher, teaching at the high school level. Our school administrators continue to expand on this make belive notion that kids with severe cognitive impairments will magically get better someday soon, and compete equally with their non disabled peers in the work force. They do this through ignoring what they are good at- entry level jobs- and pushing meaningless, untested, academic programs at the lower elementary school level. They are getting further and further from vocational/life skills training. I am now teaching a 2nd grade level language arts program to 18 year seniors. They have failed it for the past 2 years, and afre failing it again. Yet they can't find a job, and the few that do, lose it real fast. They are joing gangs, doing drugs, and soon will be making lots of babies our society will have to provide for. I am out of this nut case state! Walter

Did these 3 tonight after a day from hell at school with administrators over this issue.

school adminstrators will burn in hell
I live for sinners pain sweet Jesus
tell the truth-you gonna pay

this is the award program I built from scratch, and has been eliminated for this other stuff. I got sad and mad today.

smiling-with-hope.org
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri May 18, 2007 3:41 am

Well, I am a highschool student, and let me tell you, our administration is a load of crap for a lot of reasons. As a matter of fact, my school district's superintendent was the focus of Schram, (some crazy loudmouth guy on a local news station) over a teacher at my highschool who has said two mildly stupid things in 3 months, and is now losing his job over it.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby watertore » Fri May 18, 2007 4:27 am

leftyguitarman wrote:Well, I am a highschool student, and let me tell you, our administration is a load of crap for a lot of reasons. As a matter of fact, my school district's superintendent was the focus of Schram, (some crazy loudmouth guy on a local news station) over a teacher at my highschool who has said two mildly stupid things in 3 months, and is now losing his job over it.

thanks for checking it out. I was raised on the streets of Newark, NJ. I am an ex gangster gone legit. I follow my makers rules, not these pencil headed paper pushers ones. Most administrators follow blindly these purely non research based trends, that some invisible public is supposidly screaming for. They are politicians first, and educators second.

Today it is "all kids will go to college" and poor undocumented immigrants will do the manual labor. If a kid tells his counselor he wants to build houses, they say no, you want to be an archietect. He says he wants to hammer nails, cut wood, and put it all together. They say no, you want to be an engineer........

Most teachers are also sheep that follow the administrators directives. Most are so afraid to question, that it makes me feel sorry for them. A mass rationalization is going on, or in more common english- the pink elephant in the living room is being ignored once again. Our culture is great at creating false realities to rationalize gross injustices we inflict on others. AMEN. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Fri May 18, 2007 4:41 am

I am good friends with quite a bit of my teachers, and as a matter of fact I stayed after school for 45 minutes and just talked with my chemistry teacher about how we think the government should change, especially locally. And he even got down to the crappy administration we have. And today I was talking with my old Spanish teacher who helped me buy my ticket to Spain today, and she was telling me all about what the administration should be doing on a day to day basis to change our schools... especially our high school.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Postby maxx england » Fri May 18, 2007 11:10 am

I live in an area that can be described as "the cheap seats". A lot of good people around here, but there's also a recognisable underclass that doesn't get picked up in the schools and pointed in some sort of direction that will be of use to them.

Part of the problem is too many theorists and theories, not enough pragmatists and practical solutions.

Probably the same the world over, we just have to keep on pushing and maybe we save 1 in 20 from going downhill, reaching rock bottom and then starting to dig. And count that as a success.
maxx england
Contributor
Contributor

Postby boogiechillun85 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:36 pm

I love the song title, and I'll definitely be checking it out once the workday is over.
You're absolutely right about the educational system in America. I'm all for higher education, but for some people that's really just not a practical option. Some people are really just good at moving boxes from one side of the room to another, and I don't know that there should be any shame in that.
Unfortunately, the system doesn't exist anymore to let those people make a decent living doing that. Now, if you don't have a degree, you're basically confined to poverty.
I just graduated from Rutgers about a month ago. And I instantly went from $9 an hour to over $20. How is someone supposed to live on $9 an hour?
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby leftyguitarman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:04 pm

I hear ya boogiechillin. I work part time (on weekends and some weekdays) making a little over $8 an hour, and it keeps gas in my tank, and gives me money to play with once and a while. I still live at home, so I don't have a lot of expenses. But some of the people I work with only make a few more dollars an hour than me, and they have kids and such that they have to support, and I wonder how they do it. Ten and 11 dollars an hour is not a lot of money in today's world.
leftyguitarman
Regular

Return to Recording