MySpace, Soundclick, or ??

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

MySpace, Soundclick, or ??

Postby texas blues » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:49 pm

Where do you post your ditties? Which is the most user friendly? I think I have the right guitars, amp, and music and am trying all avenues of getting my music out there. Being an old tube radio guy, new computer tech is a bit overwhelming but I am adapting and overcoming. I love you long time for any advice. Thanks.
texas blues
Regular

Postby david » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:31 am

The most user friendly I've found is ezfolk.com It mainly caters to acoustic recordings but that's a pretty loose rule.
david
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jellyroll baker » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:36 am

On Soundclick I might get a couple of plays a week. I set up a new MySpace a month ago and already one of the tunes is nearing 900 plays. It takes a bit of effort and smarts to build up a network but oncew you have things rolling MySpace is a great way to get people to listen to your music who would otherwise never have had the opportunity. It also looks like it's starting to get me some gigs which is pretty darn nice.

It's http://www.myspace.com/peavinespecial if you're curious.
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Postby texas blues » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:58 pm

Jellyroll, your "Yellow Dog" is dirty good. Love the telephone/trashcan vocal. As you mentioned, networking and linking up with other cats probably gets you more play, which is what I want to accomplish. MySpace seems like a high vis site. How easy was it for you to set up?
texas blues
Regular

Postby slickcat » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:55 pm

A lot more people use my-space so if your looking for attention to your song that would be the best . Its more of a social place so expect lots of feedback and comments.
I like soundclick just to post unpolished tunes and clips for other players and friends to listen to.
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby musicalcarrion » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:31 pm

I host my own, but I also have a myspace page -- they both point to each other. There's also a few local competitions that have similar sites that I've put my junk on. Again, they all refer to each other.
musicalcarrion
Regular

Postby Pickin'4memories » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:42 pm

Myspace will definately get you heard more, bigger community, but, soundclick wont hurt you either. I listen to Soundclick way more often just because I have Dial-up and When you listen with soundclick You dont have to wait 10 minutes to get 30 secs of a song, it just plays it all immediately. but you just cant beat getting your music to as many people as you will with myspace.
Pickin'4memories
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:53 pm

I post chunks of tunes from my CD releases on my CD Baby page.

There's some other stuff floating out there; some songs that Walter put up on his site, one somewhere of a live (rather drunken) performance at a venue in Oakland, and the videos Ed Critchlow posted on Youtube from a show at the Starry Plough in Berkeley last year.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:20 am

I've got your Wood and Alberta off of Walter's Soundclick on my iPod. :D
ricochet
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:56 am

You've got my wood?
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:23 am

Only the sound of it. :lol:

I could've just said, "I've got Wood." But then you wouldn't be getting the credit for it. Don't you feel proud now? :lol:
ricochet
Regular

Return to Recording