wilbert "kansas city" harrision and me

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

wilbert "kansas city" harrision and me

Postby watertore » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:53 pm

Here is the story of how I hooked up with the legend. Besides kansas city fame of the late 50's(which he never made a dime-long story), he had a hit in the 60's with a 1 man band recording called, Let's Work Together. He was on my mind today.

quit pushin is another from today. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:43 pm

I love your stories Walter; too bad we can't be sittin' around a warm fire with a bottle of belly warmer to pass around. I tried listenin' to your cut,but the bogey-men in my computer at work cut it off on me. I spend too much time on the computer at work anyway,so when my system won't let me listen to recordings, I count it as job security,lol! I'll try to catch it from home. Keep on keepin' on bro'.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:13 am

thanks bubba! I hope we get to pass that bottle around in this lifetime as well! Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jeffl » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:17 pm

I like the beat of that Wilbert Harrison song,Walter! It's got kind of a rolling gait,and you pull it off well. Your voice is in fine form too..sounds like you're in good shape. (I finally listened to it from home.)
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording