finally got a band together!!

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

finally got a band together!!

Postby jaybee » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:22 am

after almost a year I finally have aband together, I took my recorder to last rehearsal (third with these musicians), set up two mics, and this is the result (mistakes and all 8) )

[url=http://users.pandora.be/blue_z/mp3.html]Blue Z[/url]
jaybee
Regular

Postby BadBoyJones » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:18 pm

Really nice guitar playing, good vocal. I like the groove in the songs and you got to be good musicians if thats the third rehearsal (sry for spelling that wrong :wink: ) Although I think your missing a second solist like a harp player, pianist or summit.

Are you the guitar player?
BadBoyJones
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:26 pm

Awright Jaybee! Way to go! Best wishes for some great ass-kickin'.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jaybee » Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:57 pm

[quote="BadBoyJones"]Really nice guitar playing, good vocal. I like the groove in the songs and you got to be good musicians if thats the third rehearsal (sry for spelling that wrong :wink: ) Although I think your missing a second solist like a harp player, pianist or summit.

Are you the guitar player?[/quote]

:oops: compliments... not used to that... thx guys 8)

Badboy, there's actually two guitar players, Fred and me, but we kept the "each guitar player a solo in every song" syndrome out of the recording (most of the time)
I have been 'voted' singer for the band as there was no real singer who wanted to be backed by such a bunch of old & uglies ;)
same for keyboard or harp... since I couldn't find a rhythm section, I didn't look for keys or harp, now we're going to get the band up and going, it'll be easier to find someone if we can offer them "plug and play" and a couple of gigs
jaybee
Regular

Postby TC90 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:52 am

:D I love hearin' blues lovin' guys jammin'! I've always loved the Honey Hush groove, and you guys do a great job with it, kinda lopey, but not too lopey.

Keep on Bluesin'! 8)
TC90
Regular

Postby jaybee » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:06 am

TC90 wrote::D I love hearin' blues lovin' guys jammin'! I've always loved the Honey Hush groove, and you guys do a great job with it, kinda lopey, but not too lopey.

Keep on Bluesin'! 8)

Thanks TC90, but please explain what does "lopey" mean (me Belgian, me not understand :roll: :wink: )
jaybee
Regular

Postby TC90 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:17 pm

"an easy usually bounding gait capable of being sustained for a long time"

that's the definition from the dictionary. I meant it as a nice bouncy feeling that is steady, even, and feels like it wants to speed up, but doesn't. That is just what I hear, and it is a very appealing groove to me in the blues, and I find in hard to accomplish.

In short, good kickin' groove and keep up the bluesin'! 8)
TC90
Regular

Postby jaybee » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:08 am

thanks for the compliments! It's good to hear I'm on the right track 8)

I have to send this to the other guys - especially the rhythm section! (responsible for keeping me from speeding up :lol: )
jaybee
Regular

Return to Recording