new orleans and the poor

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

new orleans and the poor

Postby watertore » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:57 pm

I recorded this one last night, after talking to my friend who volunteered down there right after the flood, and returned last week, to help a family his family has adopted, work on rebuilding their home. They owned a home that was pretty much destroyed, and are dirt poor. He said it was so sad to see how little has been done for the poor sections. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BadBoyJones » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:51 am

yup, surely Blues is about live... and live is a pain in the ass (sometimes)
BadBoyJones
Regular

Postby watertore » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:51 pm

BadBoyJones wrote:yup, surely Blues is about live... and live is a pain in the ass (sometimes)

thanks for listening badboy jones. I see you are from poland. I was scheduled to play there in the mid 80's, at the Blues at Sopot Festival. It was Polands first blues festival, in a natural amplitheater. I think John Mayall was the other headliner. My record company negotiated it while I was out on tour. They demanded more $ than the polish officals could offer, so they said no. I was pissed when I got back. I would have loved to see poland. My father is polish. How is the blues scene there now? walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby BadBoyJones » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:41 pm

Well, the Blues scene in Poland does have a few better bands but because of what was happening in the 60 70 80's (communism etc) many Polish artist yet havent understud the Blues... It was a miracle to find someone with a recording from "the west". Actually you could get arested for it :? ..
But I feel its getting better and better. Also more stars from the US played here lately: Guitar Shorty, Buddy Guy, Taj Mahal... Itd good cuz apart from listening to the Blues we can also feel the real Blues power.

In fact I have listened to your recordings and I have to admit Im impressed (although your style aint exactly what im after at the moment). I play similar instruments (apart from the percussion) and even thought of doing a similar thing. Its good that you make so many songs and keep them coming. I myself started real recording just a while ago (I got them on soundclick too).

Good luck!!!
Bad Boy Jones
BadBoyJones
Regular

Postby ricochet » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:22 am

Back in the Communist days circa 1973, I went to see the Polish National Radio Orchestra perform at East Tennessee State University. It was a classical orchestra. Secret police goons were all over, making sure none of the musicians defected.
ricochet
Regular

Postby allanlummox » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:28 am

I sure did love "Bloc-a-Billy" though.
allanlummox
Contributor
Contributor

Postby watertore » Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:52 am

BadBoyJones wrote:Well, the Blues scene in Poland does have a few better bands but because of what was happening in the 60 70 80's (communism etc) many Polish artist yet havent understud the Blues... It was a miracle to find someone with a recording from "the west". Actually you could get arested for it :? ..
But I feel its getting better and better. Also more stars from the US played here lately: Guitar Shorty, Buddy Guy, Taj Mahal... Itd good cuz apart from listening to the Blues we can also feel the real Blues power.

In fact I have listened to your recordings and I have to admit Im impressed (although your style aint exactly what im after at the moment). I play similar instruments (apart from the percussion) and even thought of doing a similar thing. Its good that you make so many songs and keep them coming. I myself started real recording just a while ago (I got them on soundclick too).

Good luck!!!
Bad Boy Jones

Thanks. I love the 1 man band rig. No overdubs, nothing but live sound as you hear it live. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording