Soundclick.com's charts Legit or not?

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

Soundclick.com's charts Legit or not?

Postby cschlish » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:26 am

Hey Guys,

I'm looking to find out if there is any legitimacy to Soundclick.com's music charts? My friend posted a song on his brother in laws soundclick page on Father's day. He was just messing around. His brother in law had a beat on his site already, so my friend altered one of his songs to match it the best he could with my Martin D-15 & his wife sang a little backup. My friend was cheking out soundclick today and saw his song was @ #17 on the Rock chart up from 149 yesterday and its @ #2 on the classic rock chart. He was just messing around, so its not a polished recording or anything. He didn't even tune the guitar. He is a good artist though and most of his songs have a hook that grab you. Any info is appreciated.

The song is "My Girl" and here is a link to his Brother's page. The song should start playing as soon as the page finishes loading...

[url]http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?bandid=443582&content=main&songid=0
[/url]
cschlish
Regular

Postby cschlish » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:29 am

See if you can click on this or just copy and paste the link in your browser...

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/d ... n&songid=0
cschlish
Regular

Postby cschlish » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:25 am

Scratch that, Soundclick's charts must update at midnight. "My Girl" now at #1 on the classic rock charts and #12 on the Rock charts, If that means anything?
cschlish
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:19 pm

"Classic Rock" is a subcategory of "Rock." Just about anything's going to be higher in its subcategory than in the main category that contains it.

I don't get over to Soundclick much, other than to check out what my friends have posted. Hang around till we know you and I might go for a listen. As a first post, it looks like spam to get the numbers up.
ricochet
Regular

Postby cschlish » Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:00 pm

I'm actually a slide player who has been on this site for about six months, I'm just not a big poster. I really just put the song on there because I thought it would be weird if I didn't. I will never have many posts, that's just not me. Thanks for the info though, that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for. I hope others that use soundclick can give me some of their thoughts as well. This is not my song, just a very good friends...
cschlish
Regular

Postby ricochet » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:13 pm

No offense meant. :)
ricochet
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:34 pm

The thing you have to keep in mind is that there aren't that many people on soundclick. I had a song that was #2 and only around 43 people had listened to it. It's just not that significant, I don't think you're on your way to the big time. ;)
I think SoundClick is great for a variety of reasons. But I doubt any of us are going to be accepting our Grammy one day and saying "I owe it all to SoundClick!"
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby cas » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:41 pm

WHAT!! All that effort and no Grammy! That sucks!

Busted my bubble you have.

Carol
cas

Postby jellyroll baker » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:40 am

HOMER SIMPSON: Here, take this
BELLBOY: Wow! An awards statuette! (Dissapointed) Oh, it's a Grammy.
** Throws Grammy out window **
**BONK!!**
ANGRY VOICE: Hey! Watch where you throw your junk!
jellyroll baker
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording