I liked the way this one came out

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

I liked the way this one came out

Postby watertore » Mon May 29, 2006 1:23 am

I have been converted to this new wave of Korean, Japanesse, Korean, guitars. I never thought I would let go of my 63 jazzmaster for a MIK Tokai copy of a 335, but I have-big time. I love this tokai, and the jazzmaster has been in the case for the past 18 months, since I bought it. I took it out a couple of weeks ago to gig with my trio, and wished I had left it home, and brought the Tokai. It is bone stock to boot. I recorded a session today with it, and love the tone I get from it. Any other cheapo knock off heads out there? Walter

todays session: $400 MIK Tokai copy of 335 going through a fender deluxe reverb reissue amp

I'm in the Penitentary
Blowin the high notes
They tell me I have to change my ways
Gonna love you all night long

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageart ... dID=157137
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby thebluesbox » Mon May 29, 2006 4:00 am

Where the Pics walter? Gotta have us some pics bro!
thebluesbox
Regular

Postby watertore » Mon May 29, 2006 4:18 am

THEBLUESBOX wrote:Where the Pics walter? Gotta have us some pics bro!

2 man band

the dope on me

watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nizer » Mon May 29, 2006 5:53 pm

Great stuff Walter - I love "I'm in the penitentary". Your tone is wicked. And that floor shot of you is a classic. Where did you get that suit?
nizer
Regular

Postby watertore » Mon May 29, 2006 9:53 pm

nizer wrote:Great stuff Walter - I love "I'm in the penitentary". Your tone is wicked. And that floor shot of you is a classic. Where did you get that suit?

thanks nizer. The penitentiary song is my favorite one too. I used the treble pickup on my tokai copy of a 335. I had all my custom suits made for me by a baptist preachers wife, in austin. I was driving down the road one day, and I saw this black guy dressed in the wildest suit I ever saw. I pulled over and talked to him. He was walking. I don't know how he wore that suit in the heat of august! He told me his sister made it, and gave me her number. He said to make sure I don't talk about drinking, etc, or she would throw me out.

Bernice, was a trip. She had a little sewing machine, and a pair of sissors. She would charge me $100 labor to make any suit I wanted. I would buy the craziest material I could find, and a suit pattern. She made me about 10 suits over the years, with each one getting better in quality. The silver one, was her first. In a fit of hating music, I sold them all at a garage sale for a dollar each. People were buying them for halloween costumes. When we got out here to california, I found the silver one in the bottom of a box.

I have few regrets in life, but selling those suits is one! If you can even get somebody in hollywood or nashville, to make you one (they are overloaded making them for the stars), they will run you a few grand. I had sequence, lame, and other flashy materials.

I did this cd a few years ago. I thought, suit, resonators, and harps= Metal on Metal.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageart ... dID=157137
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording