One instrumental

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

One instrumental

Postby stewie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:38 am

I've listened to and enjoyed a number of recordings that people here have posted so I thought I'd put one up. I decided to record an instrumental version of One by U2 mostly for a bit practice with my mandolin. I've had it for years but only in the last few weeks have I actually decided to try learn to play it! We play it in the little acoustic group I'm in and I thought mandolin might sound good on it. It's three tracks - acoustic rhythm, electric slide and mandolin - and I put it on youtube even though it's not a video since that seemed to be the easiest. Hope some people enjoy it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eLjTCPMV4g
stewie
Regular

Re: One instrumental

Postby ricbleu » Sat May 29, 2010 8:05 am

Just got onto this, Stewie. And it's all fresh to me since I don't know the U2 song. I really like the arrangement - the instruments all complement each other and the mando sounds great played so sparingly. Sounds like a harpsichord or spinet. Like it.
ricbleu
Regular

Postby jeffl » Sat May 29, 2010 3:23 pm

Yep Stewie, it's pretty, novel, and interesting. I like it.
jeffl
Contributor
Contributor

Postby stewie » Mon May 31, 2010 10:03 pm

Thanks for the kind comments! I actually almost forgot I had done that!! I did that mainly so I could play around with my mandolin. When we play it in the acoustic group I'm in one person plays guitar and sings it - she does an amazing job on the vocals - I play mandolin and the third person plays harmonica. I stole the slow arrangement from an acoustic version that Warren Haynes has done of One, and we keep the mandolin and harmonica sparse to avoid running over the vocals.
stewie
Regular

Return to Recording