I learned some new things about recording

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

I learned some new things about recording

Postby watertore » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:10 am

I have been recording at 16 bit rate since I started recording myself a couple of years. I learned the other day about 24 bit, and it sounds a lot better to my ears. Can you hear a difference from my other songs on the site? I recorded these two at 24 bit:

Slumin

These blues got me way lowdown

I am using the Electro Harmonix preamps (3 of them) for the vocal/harp, guitar amp, and snare drum. For the other 3 mics, I used ART TPSII preamps (bass drum, high hat, room mic). I am going to buy some more of these EH, and sell off the ART's.

Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

RE: I learned some new things about recording

Postby cas » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:22 am

Well Walter, to my not entirely knowledgeable ears, the news ones do maybe sound a bit clearer/cleaner. But they all sound good to me.

Carol
cas

I agree with CAS

Postby slickcat » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:28 pm

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Nov-10-05 AT 01:28 PM (EST)]The new recordings sound smoother...more clear? You really gotta listen close. I say...ALL your stuff is Great!
slickcat
Contributor
Contributor

RE: I agree with CAS

Postby watertore » Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:07 am

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Nov-11-05 AT 08:10 PM (EST)]thanks for listening! The soundclick MP3's don't do the songs justice. They tend to thin the sound out, vs. the wave files that are used for a cd. The depth, or "air" as they call it, is much more noticable in the wave files. I wish I could post them, but they are way too big. Walter
watertore
Contributor
Contributor

Return to Recording