new GUITAR recordings.. woo..

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

new GUITAR recordings.. woo..

Postby boogiechillun85 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 5:51 am

Today was my first day off in several forevers, so I recorded alot. I recorded about nine songs, but it's late so I've only posted three of them. A cover of "Hard Time Killing Floor Blues" that I've mangled.. lol.. A nice little version of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire," and an untitled song I wrote about death and dying and all sorts of fun stuff.
The rest I recorded are originals, which I'll probably post tomorrow or soon afterwards.
Jim
http://www.soundclick.com/jimnjblues
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

RE: new GUITAR recordings.. woo..

Postby mickeypainless » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:47 pm

Sounds good Jim! I like yer take on R.O.F! I started workin on "Get Rhythm" last night!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby savage » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:32 am

wow, I really like yer take on Hard Time Killin Floor. I dont think you mangled it at all. Sounds like you made it your own. Great job man. Your voice weeves the melody together very nicely. And Ring Of Fire is my favorite Johnny Cash song. Another nice job man, sounds very laid back.
savage
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:09 am

Well, maybe "mangled" is too harsh of a word.. lol.. personally, I really like my version.. but it's different. Thanks though. =D
And for the record, the best Johnny Cash song is "Cadillac, One Piece At A Time." It's a fact. :)
Jim
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby boogiechillun85 » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:52 pm

Okay, so I posted even more. I keep this up I'm going to be like Walter in no time at all. =D
Just tossed up three more though. All originals this time, "Some Woman or Some Devil," which I wrote on Halloween Eve so it's kind of like "Black Witch Part II." Also there's "Adah," which is the first nonblues song I've ever written, which scares me. Cause what if this is the beginning of a lucrative career as a country singer? And finally, "Officer, Please Can I Head On Home?" which is about me getting my first ticket a few weeks ago. True story. The bastard. lol..
Jim
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby savage » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:22 pm

i particularly like "Officer, Please Can I Head On Home?" been there before, haha. While I try to respect the police (well, some of them), I feel when they think they got you at a bad time they try to delay you as long as possible.
savage
Regular

Return to Recording