more more more..

The place for questions, answers, and tips for recording your music. This can be home recording or studio recording. This subject seems to come up on several other forums so we're giving it a home here.

more more more..

Postby boogiechillun85 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:29 pm

Added even more mp3s. I put another original called "Consider Me" up, as well as a cover of the song "House Carpenter." I also never realized that some of my older mp3s were so QUIET, so I rerecorded "That's No Way To Get Along" and "Bird Nest Bound." I didn't do anything dramatically different, but they're louder and newer if that means anything.
So yeah, four new songs for your listening pleasure..
Jim
http://www.soundclick.com/jimnjblues
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

RE: more more more..

Postby nizer » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:22 pm

These are fantastic Jim. Picasso said "good artists borrow, great artists steal". You've taken the guts of old time Blues and Country and are making something that sounds fresh and vital. You're not afraid to swallow 'em whole - i.e. the great death lyrics in your ' ' song. You've already mastered playing and singing(!), now your writing is really coming along. I don't think "Adah" is County OR Blues - although it shows clear lineage to the roots of both. It's authentic "JimNJ" - the real deal!
nizer
Regular

Postby savage » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:07 pm

Jim, I really like yer style. House Carpenter is awesome. Very melodic guitar playing. A lot of blues players leave a lot of silence in their songs. But you got a kind of continuous acoustic flow that makes yer music very easy listenin. I added some of yer songs to my soundclick station.
savage
Regular

Postby boogiechillun85 » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:59 pm

Well, when I'm playing live I stretch it out a bit and have some space/silence. Not too much though, I mean, it's just me up there, and I don't want to ever give anyone the opportunity to say "hey, you should get a drummer or something." No thank you, I'm fine with just me. I mean, they still say it, but they just don't know what they're talking about. ;)
But when I record I kind of figure I've got about three and a half minutes to say what needs saying, so I need to git 'r done. I stressed about "House Carpenter" cause it's so long.. but then I figured that every other version I've heard (except for Clarence Ashley's original version) is about eight minutes.. so five isn't bad at all in the grand scheme of things.
Either way, thanks for the compliments! :)
Jim
http://www.soundclick.com/jimnjblues
boogiechillun85
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ricochet » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:36 pm

Good stuff, Jim!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."
ricochet
Regular

Postby mickeypainless » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:21 am

>>>Picasso said "good artists borrow, great artists steal".

I thought Grady Musick said that! }>

Soundin most excelent Jim! PLEASE keep it goin!
mickeypainless
Contributor
Contributor

Postby nizer » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:15 pm

I never said no such thing!,,,, the bible says don't steal,,, and don't give me that high-falutin' artist crap! ,,,,what's that got to do with blues?

LMAO!

"There is no worse screen to block out the Spirit than confidence in our own intelligence" -- John Calvin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boozin' & Snoozin'
nizer
Regular

Return to Recording